Saturday, December 22, 2012

Old School Orion HCCA Amps - Digital Reference

Old School Orion HCCA Amps - Digital Reference Tube. Duration : 6.55 Mins.


See an overview of 3 early 90's Orion HCCA amplifiers. I show the 2nd generation HCCA's, known as the "Digital Reference" series. These were the first HCCA's with internal bridging, whereas the first generation (aka "Moon & Stars) required a bridging module. The HCCA amps didn't have internal crossovers until the 3rd generation, known as the "pop top" models. I have a 225 HCCA pop top model I can show in an upcoming video. See the baby 225, big brother 250, and mack daddy 2100 HCCA's in this video. I also talk about how expensive these amps were back in 1991. I finally got one of each of these amps to add to the OldSchoolStereo.com collection...very cool since I've always dreamed of having these amps since the late 80's, knowing they were FAR out of my price range. Enjoy taking a trip back to 1991 with me and stay tuned as I'll test these amps for "true" RMS output power in upcoming videos... Video taken with an iPhone 4, edited on the iOS iMovie and uploaded directly to YouTube, no computer required!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Cindy Johnson
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.